Well, here we are, 2018, new year new me and all that! However this year I’m ditching the health fads and concentrating purely on fashion. Avoiding faux pas and injecting some life into my fashion bible.
– 5 TIPS TO HELP YOU KICKSTART YOUR 2018 WARDROBE –
1. Never give up heels for any man however tall they are. I was subjected to flats for far too long so you may have noticed my heel overkill this year. My love for heels is on a whole new level and I’ve taken a vow to only date men over six foot to avoid mourning the loss of my ‘six inchers’ – hence the fabulous killer heels!
2. Dress those lobes! I have a real thing for big earrings at the moment. They’re coming believe me – I’ve ordered in bulk. Keeping it fun I want to quirk my outfits up by injecting a bit of playfulness into them. I’m talking, pompoms, tassels and anything that sparkles. Wearing a pair of eye catching earrings is a great way to bring those messy hair days to life.
3. Invest in handbags – and no ladies I don’t mean designer. I see handbags like the cherry on top of the cake, they complete an outfit! So when it’s payday and time to shop bags are going to be my go-to so every outfit can have a cherry. There are some great bags on the hightstreet at the moment, River Island have stepped up their bag game it’s definitely worth checking out – my favourites are below!
4. Colours! I’m going to step away from the black and play around with colours and prints. I feel this next season as spring comes prints are going to be going brighter and bolder in a very tropical way! It’s pretty obvious I’m a devout black lover, but it’s time to change the game!
5. Smart casual. I’ve never been one for a blazer, I’m more of a slouchy cardy kind of girl. Maybe it’s because I’m turning thirty this year but I’ve suddenly become obsessed with being suited and booted. Whenever I wear a shirt or a blazer girlboss mode takes over! You can’t go wrong investing in a good quality shirt. My latest I picked up from Naracamicie which will you see in some upcoming posts!
This is the first look I shot this year and as you can see my stud fetish is still going strong. I really look for detail when it comes to putting outfits together. You can see some of my ideas like attaching chains to bags like over on my latest style haul video.
SHOP THE LOOK